POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : candles code : Re: candles code Server Time
17 Aug 2024 10:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: candles code
From: Slime
Date: 15 Oct 2001 17:00:03
Message: <3bcb4e53$1@news.povray.org>
Hmm, I looked at the code quickly. You might be able to speed up the render
a tiny tiny bit if you change the boxes (holding spherical media) into
spheres. Then you could change the media sampling parameters and speed it up
a bit. Give the sphere a radius of slightly more than one, since there's
turbulence in the media.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have denser media? In my experience, although
wax is somewhat translucent, it's pretty dense nonetheless. All this
subsurface scattering we're talking about, shouldn't it be happening mainly
at the *surface* of the object?

- Slime

[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]